NAIQpoE165quJ7xFMAQTCxX8CkY Interviews: A conversation w/ Karlie Hustle | Social - Butta - Fly

Interviews: A conversation w/ Karlie Hustle

There are many different ways to enjoy NYC. With a blink of an eye you can pretty much experience anything you desire. So we recently connected with former Music Director at Hot 97 now CEO and Creator of the Hustle Bow tie - Karlie Hustle, to find out how she enjoys her days and nights in the City That Never Sleeps


SBF:  Favorite place to hear music? 


KH: In my apartment alone.  This is the only place I can really absorb music the way I like.  Listening to music in my headphones while I'm walking around the city is a close second.  I really like to absorb music, particularly when it's new, by myself.



SBF: 1st place you will drink at the end of your 100 day liquor free challenge? 


KH: Probably at A2P2B at Son's of Essex. A great place to grab brunch, listen to some tunes and chill on a Saturday during the day.


SBF:  Favorite date night spot? 


KH: I love going to a dine-in theatre.  I went for my first time recently and it was really cool to be able to eat and be waited on during a film. Also, the reclining chairs are amazing.


SBF:  Favorite Vegan spot? 


KH: I love Juice Hugger in Brooklyn and Cafe Blossom on Carmine in the city.  Well-seasoned eats and you don't miss the meat at all. 


SBF: If you have a friend coming from out of town where would you take them? Best cheap eats? 


KH: Noodle Bar on Carmine in the city is a great place for some cheap eats.  I love their Red Bean Masala.  I also have been eating a lot of pho from a spot in Park Slope called Lotus.  They have a soy pork that is so tasty.


SBF:  What is a "Good Ass Night" out in the city for Karlie Hustle? 


KH: I love Cipha Sounds' "Take It Personal" improv comedy show on Fridays at UCB East.  I'm also throwing a party myself that is going to be a ton of fun.  It's called "Groove Candy".  The first event is November 13th.  Doors at 5pm at SOBs.  Music is going to be stellar neo-soul, hip hop and classics. (Update: 'Groove Candy' is a Monthly event. Get latest details by following Karlie Hustle with the links below this article)


SBF: During your liquor free challenge, what are some other fun things or places  you have seen or done that doesn't involve drinking? 


KH: I went to Philly with my boyfriend for cheesesteaks.  I don't eat much meat, but I clearly made an exception that day.   


SBF: Name one underground/hidden gem that's not really known or pretentious? 


KH: Shopsin's in the LES.  You'll have to google the insane menu.  Keep in mind, you'll wait in line an hour for a table and then wait another hour at the table for your food.  And it's worth every second. Make sure you know the rules of the place or you'll be kicked out.  See the documentary about the legendary restaurant on youtube.  It's called "I Like Killing Flies". 


SBF:  When taking a "Mental day" what are some places you enjoy doing or seeing that you would recommend?


KH: If I need to reset, I take a walk over the Manhattan Bridge.  It's loud because of the train, but there are far fewer people as a result.  The Brooklyn Bridge is crawling with folks.  The Manhattan Bridge is a ghost town comparatively, and the view is amazing.

Be inspired and stay up to date with info on the upcoming "Groove Candy" party and more by following Karlie Hustle on Instagram and Tumblr

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive